Disney Blogs

Disneyland Resort To Celebrate Mickey's Birthday 2017

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 21:46
The Disneyland resort will celebrate Mickey Mouse's Birthday on November 18, 2017:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
... Disneyland Resort will host a celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at “it’s a small world” and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square. There will be plenty of chances to sing “Happy Birthday” along the way, and of course, “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons will be distributed to park guests.
Categories: Disney Blogs

Disneyland Resort To Celebrate Mickey's Birthday 2017

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 21:46
The Disneyland resort will celebrate Mickey Mouse's Birthday on November 18, 2017:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
... Disneyland Resort will host a celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at “it’s a small world” and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square. There will be plenty of chances to sing “Happy Birthday” along the way, and of course, “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons will be distributed to park guests.
Categories: Disney Blogs

Walt Disney World To Celebrate Mickey's Birthday 2017

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 21:34
The Walt Disney World resort will celebrate Mickey Mouse's Birthday on November 18, 2017:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
...Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate with special “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons, merchandise and Sorcerer Mickey Cake. To commemorate the occasion, guests can sing and dance along with “Happy Birthday” during Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!, Cosmic Dance Party in Tomorrowland and performances by the Dapper Dans. Plus, birthday photo props will be available at all four theme parks, and everyone who collects their photos at the parks will receive a folder with a commemorative sticker.
Categories: Disney Blogs

Walt Disney World To Celebrate Mickey's Birthday 2017

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 21:34
The Walt Disney World resort will celebrate Mickey Mouse's Birthday on November 18, 2017:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
...Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate with special “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons, merchandise and Sorcerer Mickey Cake. To commemorate the occasion, guests can sing and dance along with “Happy Birthday” during Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!, Cosmic Dance Party in Tomorrowland and performances by the Dapper Dans. Plus, birthday photo props will be available at all four theme parks, and everyone who collects their photos at the parks will receive a folder with a commemorative sticker.
Categories: Disney Blogs

More Details Announced for Pixar Fest Coming to Disneyland Resort Spring 2018

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 21:22
More details have been announced for the Pixar Fest event coming to the Disneyland Resort in Spring 2018:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
... Beginning April 13, 2018, this limited-time celebration of friendship and beyond will feature the debut of an all-new fireworks spectacular and the return of two favorite parades as well as even more beloved Pixar characters, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, themed food and beverage and new merchandise items.


“Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” will light up Disneyland park beginning April 13. In addition to dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, the theme of friendship, ever-present in most Pixar films, is celebrated in this nighttime spectacular. Guests are invited to embark on an emotional journey that starts when unlikely Pixar characters first meet. As they set out on adventures and overcome obstacles together, “Together Forever” celebrates the everlasting friendships forged by beloved Pixar pals. The story comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. This nighttime spectacular will even feature a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear at Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Also on April 13, the popular “Paint the Night” parade will return, this time to Disney California Adventure park. The parade features many Pixar stories, including characters from “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars,” and another Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” parade later in the year.

With the launch of Pixar Fest, “Pixar Play Parade” will make its way through Disneyland park for the first time. The parade will begin as most Pixar films have, with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar lamp. Other new parade elements will feature characters from “UP” and “Inside Out.”

The Pixar Shorts film festival will feature rotating favorites such as “For the Birds” and “Lava” at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure park throughout most of Pixar Fest. The Paradise Gardens area will feature a new Pixar-themed musical troupe along with Pixar character greeting opportunities as well as crafts and activities for our younger guests.

Guests can get into character and celebrate friendship with a host of new merchandise, including an exclusive Pixar Fest charm bracelet. With multiple bracelet options and a variety of charms with fun friendship messages and favorite Pixar characters, guests can mix and match for themselves, or friends and family!


Attached Images  
Categories: Disney Blogs

More Details Announced for Pixar Fest Coming to Disneyland Resort Spring 2018

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 21:22
More details have been announced for the Pixar Fest event coming to the Disneyland Resort in Spring 2018:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
... Beginning April 13, 2018, this limited-time celebration of friendship and beyond will feature the debut of an all-new fireworks spectacular and the return of two favorite parades as well as even more beloved Pixar characters, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, themed food and beverage and new merchandise items.


“Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” will light up Disneyland park beginning April 13. In addition to dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, the theme of friendship, ever-present in most Pixar films, is celebrated in this nighttime spectacular. Guests are invited to embark on an emotional journey that starts when unlikely Pixar characters first meet. As they set out on adventures and overcome obstacles together, “Together Forever” celebrates the everlasting friendships forged by beloved Pixar pals. The story comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. This nighttime spectacular will even feature a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear at Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Also on April 13, the popular “Paint the Night” parade will return, this time to Disney California Adventure park. The parade features many Pixar stories, including characters from “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars,” and another Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” parade later in the year.

With the launch of Pixar Fest, “Pixar Play Parade” will make its way through Disneyland park for the first time. The parade will begin as most Pixar films have, with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar lamp. Other new parade elements will feature characters from “UP” and “Inside Out.”

The Pixar Shorts film festival will feature rotating favorites such as “For the Birds” and “Lava” at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure park throughout most of Pixar Fest. The Paradise Gardens area will feature a new Pixar-themed musical troupe along with Pixar character greeting opportunities as well as crafts and activities for our younger guests.

Guests can get into character and celebrate friendship with a host of new merchandise, including an exclusive Pixar Fest charm bracelet. With multiple bracelet options and a variety of charms with fun friendship messages and favorite Pixar characters, guests can mix and match for themselves, or friends and family!


Attached Images  
Categories: Disney Blogs

Wine/Dine 2018 (Nov 2018) --> ICOT run?

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 19:46
I would like to see how much interest we would have to have an ICOT run/meet during the Wine/Dine Half Marathon weekend. I have had one person tell me if I organize it - they would be interested....

It would be more of a run time meet than a fun in the evening time (2:45am wakeups come very early), and its too much money to spend to get swept due to lack of sleep.

If you might be interested... can you please post below....
Categories: Disney Blogs

Episode 103 - ICOT20 Live!

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-11-05 00:44
In case anyone missed it or was looking for it; Episode 103 was a Live Video Podcast from the Walt Disney World Resort on the INTERCOT Facebook page.

The Cast: Carolyn Pongracz, Jennifer Silveira, Cindy Jachrimo, Ian Mitchell, Jason Kauffman, Justin McCarthy, John Yaglenski, and INTERCOTees from the ICOT20 Weekend.

- It's a magical Live Video Podcast from the Contemporary Resort
- The Podcast Staff Shares their Favorite ICOT20 Moments & Favorite things about INTERCOT
- INTERCOTees Join The Fun and Share Their Favorite ICOT20 Moments & Favorite things about INTERCOT


You can still see the wrap-up to our fun ICOT20 weekend on the INTERCOT Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/intercot/videos/10156085444914505/






Keep your Mouse Ears to the ground for Episode 104 for a more detailed look back at the ICOT20 celebration plus the latest news and all the usual hijinks ....
Categories: Disney Blogs

2019 Itineraries Announced with Expanded West Coast Season

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-11-04 21:58
Disney Cruise Line Has Announced their 2019 Itineraries:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
San Diego to Baja and Mexican Riviera
The Disney Wonder returns to San Diego for an extended season from March to May 2019, with a variety of cruises to Mexico where you can enjoy vibrant culture, stunning beaches, exciting water activities, cliff diving and ziplining through the jungle.

Most sailings to Mexico’s Baja peninsula call on the charming coastal city of Ensenada, known as the “Cinderella of the Pacific” with its turquoise blue water and rugged mountainous terrain. Two-night cruises to Ensenada boast Friday departures from San Diego, giving you the ultimate weekend getaway to experience world-class entertainment aboard the Disney Wonder.

Four- and five-night Baja options include a visit to Cabo San Lucas, a destination favored for arid climate and sunny weather, dotted with dramatic rock formations and bordered by white-sand beaches.

Seven-night sailings to the Mexican Riviera call on Cabo San Lucas and feature the snorkeling and scuba diving hot spots of Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlán. These week-long cruises offer you the chance to make magical memories as a family while soaking up the history and Old World charm of Mexico’s Pacific Coast and taking in the beauty of stunning beaches and the nearby Sierra Madre Mountains.

San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Southern Caribbean
In January, three special Disney Wonder cruises from San Juan sail to the Southern Caribbean, visiting tropical destinations renowned for beautiful sun-kissed beaches and warm azure waters. On the six- and seven-night sailings, you can dive into charming island cultures, sunbathe on golden beaches and revel in local marketplaces.

The Disney Wonder arrives to San Juan after a five-night journey departing Jan. 9 from Galveston, Texas, with a stop in Falmouth, Jamaica.

On Feb. 3, a four-night cruise aboard the Disney Wonder takes you from San Juan to Port Canaveral, Florida, just an hour away from Walt Disney World Resort—the perfect stop for a fairytale land and sea adventure.

Port Canaveral to Bahamas and Eastern and Western Caribbean

With three Disney ships in port and cruise lengths spanning three, four and seven nights, vacationers looking for a getaway in early 2019 have a full menu of options from Port Canaveral, near Orlando, Florida. Every sailing from Port Canaveral includes a day at Castaway Cay.

The Disney Fantasy continues to sail seven-night Caribbean voyages, with Eastern Caribbean itineraries visiting the Virgin Islands of Tortola and St. Thomas, and Western Caribbean cruises calling on Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman and Falmouth.

The Disney Dream embarks on three- and four-night Bahamian cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay, and the Disney Wonder will alternate similar three- and four-night itineraries throughout February.

Miami to Bahamas and Western Caribbean

To kick off 2019, the Disney Magic continues sailing from Miami with four- and five-night voyages to the Bahamas, plus five-night Western Caribbean cruises.

The magical shores of Castaway Cay await guests aboard every one of these Disney Magic sailings. Other ports of call on the Bahamian voyages include Nassau and Key West, Florida, while a stop in Grand Cayman or Cozumel headlines the Western Caribbean itineraries.
Categories: Disney Blogs

Choza de Margarita Opening November 2017 in Epcot's Mexico Pavilion

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-11-04 16:22
Epcot has announced that their long in-process new outdoor dining kiosk, Choza de Margarita, will be opening "soon":

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
... in the shadow of the iconic Mexico pyramid, [the] menu offers three hand-crafted margaritas, three frozen margaritas, three Mexican beers and a non-alcoholic Mexican fruit punch with orange, pineapple and grapefruit juices and a splash of grenadine.

Small bites include Tacos al Pastor with grilled pork on fresh homemade corn tortillas with green tomatillo sauce, onion, pineapple and cilantro; Empanadas de Barbacoa with beef, topped with chipotle sauce, Mexican cream and queso fresco; and fresh guacamole with mango chutney, pumpkin and pomegranate seeds, served with fried flour chicharrones and salsa Valentina, an authentic Mexican hot sauce.

On a hot Florida day, take your pick from one of the three frozen margaritas: Lime (tequila blanco, lime sweet & sour, orange liquor and agave nectar), Wild Strawberry (tequila blanco, strawberry and prickly pear puree, violet flower liquor and lime juice), or Passion Mango (tequila blanco, orange liqueur, wild passion fruit and mango puree).

The hand-crafted, on-the-rocks varieties include Acan Grapefruit (Casa Noble Blanco Tequila, grapefruit liqueur, elderflower cordial, lemon juice, cardamom bitters and ginger beer), Lime Cucumber (Avión Blanco Tequila, fresh cucumber, orange liqueur, lime juice and agave nectar), and Guava Pink Peppercorn (Zignum Mexcal Reposado, guava nectar, grapefruit liqueur, lime juice, Peychaud’s Bitters and pink peppercorns).


Several reports from those involved with the construction project indicate "soon" will be with-in the month of November 2017. Attached Images     
Categories: Disney Blogs

Help needed with our planning

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-11-04 14:30
We haven't been to WDW in several years. During the last two days of our most recent visit our then 4 year old was struck with norovirus, the baby was throwing up on the plane ride home and my husband and I fell like dominos soon after. A few months later the baby, 15 months old, was diagnosed with Type I diabetes.

So the little one will be 4 years old soon and our older boy just turned 7. We feel ready to face WDW again, with the younger one being out of diapers and us having gotten used to the unpredictability of his medical needs. We were thinking of early May, 2018 (we are Homeschoolers so off season works for us) but then received a pin code. We moved the trip up to early May, 2017.

Denise at Magical Journeys was wonderful and quickly reserved us a stay at AKL club level Savannah view. A splurge, but the pin code helped. We stayed there once before children and it was lovely. The boys love animals and just completed a fun Africa unit study and my husband would like a relaxing grown up aspect to the trip.

We have 5 days of tickets (no park hoppers) and need to keep to a steady sleeping/eating schedule which will make getting suitable times for ADRs harder. Our 180 day window opens up Tuesday morning although Denise suggested I might have some luck at midnight Monday. Does anyone have experience with this? I used to do ADRs via phone so advice is appreciated.

I used crowd level predictions to choose the days and the goal is to take it at an easy pace and skip Hollywood Studios altogether. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I've been furiously trying to read the latest reviews on restaurants but please let me know if I have any not so good places listed.

So appreciative of your help, feeling last minute here...

Sunday - arrive at AKL, spend time exploring resort, pool, any cultural activities, stories, parade. Dinner at Boma or Mara.

All breakfasts at club lounge, do they have a microwave we might use in the lounge?

Monday - Animal Kingdom, lunch at Tusker House (favorite characters) we will look for Chip and Dale (also favorites) at Rafiki Planet Watch, dinner at Yak n Yeti

Tuesday - Magic Kingdom, lunch at Crystal Palace (they love Hundred Acre Woods), take boat to Ft Wilderness Campgrounds for dinner at Trails End (is 5 or 5:30 pm enough time get to the Chip and Dale sing a long?) Is doing this worth it or maybe we should enjoy time at our resort instead in the spirit of being relaxed. We will be back again in a few years and could stay in a cabin.

Wednesday - show the boys the Cars section of Art of Animation resort (they love Cars), lunch at La Hacienda or Biergarten - which do you like better?, tour International section of Epcot, dinner at Il Mulino and enjoy boardwalk area

Thursday - Magic Kingdom, lunch at BOG and dinner at Ohana (if lucky enough to get these ADRs, never done either, can flip with Tuesday dining plans)

Friday - last dinner at Jiko, but not sure which park, more time in Epcot or should we go to Hollywood Studios?

Thank you so much for any advice!
Categories: Disney Blogs

DVC resale points for cruise?

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-11-04 13:14
Can you use points for a cruise if purchasing a resale??
Categories: Disney Blogs

DVC resale points for cruise?

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-11-04 13:14
Can you use points for a cruise if purchasing a resale??
Categories: Disney Blogs

resort to cruise port transportation...

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-11-04 12:47
Dumb question and I probably already know the answer but I'll ask anyway so I can show DW the answer.
We are taking the April 21 DCL Fantasy cruise, and its school vacation week so of course all flights are priced higher, plus it looks like the early am flights are sold out, so my thoughts are;
Fly in day before, use DME to All Stars for one night, then DME to cruise port.
DME to airport upon return?
Will that work?
Categories: Disney Blogs

resort to cruise port transportation...

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-11-04 12:47
Dumb question and I probably already know the answer but I'll ask anyway so I can show DW the answer.
We are taking the April 21 DCL Fantasy cruise, and its school vacation week so of course all flights are priced higher, plus it looks like the early am flights are sold out, so my thoughts are;
Fly in day before, use DME to All Stars for one night, then DME to cruise port.
DME to airport upon return?
Will that work?
Categories: Disney Blogs

Parking lots....and construction....WWWD

intercot.com - Fri, 2017-11-03 22:20
Just got back from a quick 5 day trip. There are large areas of the parking lots at both Epcot and MK sectioned off with metal barriers, lots of port o potties and some small staging and seats, we were wondering what these were for? Convention?, Shows?
Also, so much construction going on all over, roads, hotels and parks all at once, I wasn't overly impressed and just have this feeling that if Walt was alive it would never be this way all at once. Driving through orange barrels was like driving in Mass!
Categories: Disney Blogs

Parking lots....and construction....WWWD

intercot.com - Fri, 2017-11-03 22:20
Just got back from a quick 5 day trip. There are large areas of the parking lots at both Epcot and MK sectioned off with metal barriers, lots of port o potties and some small staging and seats, we were wondering what these were for? Convention?, Shows?
Also, so much construction going on all over, roads, hotels and parks all at once, I wasn't overly impressed and just have this feeling that if Walt was alive it would never be this way all at once. Driving through orange barrels was like driving in Mass!
Categories: Disney Blogs

World Champion Houston Astros coming to Walt Disney World for Victory Parade

TheDisneyBlog.com - Fri, 2017-11-03 21:38

Houston, we have a championship! After the city of Houston revels in the Astros’ first-ever World Series victory, the heroes of the club’s championship team will be “Going to Disney World’’ for a magical celebration Saturday, November 4. World Series MVP George Springer and star players Jose Altuve and Carlos...

The post World Champion Houston Astros coming to Walt Disney World for Victory Parade appeared first on The Disney Blog.

Categories: Disney Blogs

Disney welcomes OtterBox to its D-Tech mobile device case product line

TheDisneyBlog.com - Fri, 2017-11-03 14:37

We can welcome a new mobile device protection case manufacturer to the Disney family. OtterBox has been announced as the “Official Protective Case” of Walt Disney World and Disneyland as part of a new multi-year strategic alliance. Its cases will be offered as part of the D-Tech custom cell phone...

The post Disney welcomes OtterBox to its D-Tech mobile device case product line appeared first on The Disney Blog.

Categories: Disney Blogs

Sea Racers

intercot.com - Fri, 2017-11-03 13:09
Can we still rent those little sea racers at the GF? Or did they stop that after the alligator attack?
Categories: Disney Blogs