Disney Blogs

Say Goodbye to Dragon Challenge

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 06:28
Universal is getting ready to shut and replace Dragon Challenge... This are is part of Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade... It was rethemed to the Tri-wizard Cup as part of the make over...

Now strong winds are blowing news that DC will be removed for an all new Potter experience...

Stay tuned!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Categories: Disney Blogs

Say Goodbye to Dragon Challenge

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 06:28
Universal is getting ready to shut and replace Dragon Challenge... This are is part of Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade... It was rethemed to the Tri-wizard Cup as part of the make over...

Now strong winds are blowing news that DC will be removed for an all new Potter experience...

Stay tuned!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Categories: Disney Blogs

Disney Vacation Club Announces its 15th Resort, The Disney Riviera Resort

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 02:33
The Disney Vacation Club has announced their 15th Resort:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Vacation Club Disney Vacation Club Announces Next Planned Development: Disney Riviera Resort


New Skyway of Gondolas will Connect Resort to Theme Parks



CELEBRATION, Fla., July 15, 2017 -- Today at D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif., Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, announced the next planned development for Disney Vacation Club will be an entirely new resort near Epcot called Disney Riviera Resort and that a new skyway transportation system will connect the new resort to other areas on Walt Disney World property.

"We're thrilled to announce plans for a new Disney Vacation Club property called Disney Riviera Resort coming to Walt Disney World Resort," Chapek said. "Our Vacation Club Members are among our most loyal fans, and we think that they will love what we have planned, especially the rooftop restaurant that will offer unbelievable views of nighttime spectaculars at both Epcot and Hollywood Studios."

In addition, Chapek announced that a whole new transportation system of gondolas is planned, called the Disney Skyliner, to give guests a never-before-seen birds-eye view of Walt Disney World and connect the new Disney Vacation Club property, Disney's Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts with Disney's Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot.

Estimated to open in fall 2019, this new resort experience is slated to be the 15th Disney Vacation Club property with approximately 300 units spread across a variety of accommodation types.

On July 17, Disney Vacation Club will welcome its 14th resort with the opening of Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, featuring 184 rustically elegant vacation accommodations including Deluxe Studios, one- and two-bedroom Villas, three-bedroom Grand Villas and unique waterfront cabins.

Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, said, "The opening of Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge in just a few days and the announcement of our next planned development, Disney Riviera Resort, demonstrate the incredible momentum underway at Disney Vacation Club. Our members tell us over and over again how much they love the outstanding accommodations and the value and flexibility of a Disney Vacation Club Membership, as well as the unique location to our growing and evolving theme parks and the exclusive member experiences and benefits they get from our Membership Extras program."

ABOUT DISNEY VACATION CLUB
Disney Vacation Club, a leader in vacation ownership, debuted in 1991 with a flexible, vacation points-based system rather than the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Today, Disney Vacation Club has more than 220,000 member families, from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries, who have discovered the joys of membership.

Disney Vacation Club Members are able to choose from among a variety of exciting vacation destinations, including a stay at any Disney Vacation Club Resort or one of thousands of other vacation options in destinations around the world. Plus, when purchasing directly from Disney, members can also enjoy the Disney Collection, which includes select Disney Resort hotels, Disney Cruise Line and guided vacations with Adventures by Disney, as well as the Concierge Collection, a portfolio of extraordinary hotels in sought-after destinations. Vacations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort can last anywhere from one night to several weeks.

With Disney Vacation Club properties located near the Disney theme parks in Florida and California, Members have easy access to new and innovative attractions on both coasts for years to come. For more information, visit www.disneyvacationclub.com.

Attached Images  
Categories: Disney Blogs

Disney Vacation Club Announces its 15th Resort, The Disney Riviera Resort

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 02:33
The Disney Vacation Club has announced their 15th Resort:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Vacation Club Disney Vacation Club Announces Next Planned Development: Disney Riviera Resort


New Skyway of Gondolas will Connect Resort to Theme Parks



CELEBRATION, Fla., July 15, 2017 -- Today at D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif., Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, announced the next planned development for Disney Vacation Club will be an entirely new resort near Epcot called Disney Riviera Resort and that a new skyway transportation system will connect the new resort to other areas on Walt Disney World property.

"We're thrilled to announce plans for a new Disney Vacation Club property called Disney Riviera Resort coming to Walt Disney World Resort," Chapek said. "Our Vacation Club Members are among our most loyal fans, and we think that they will love what we have planned, especially the rooftop restaurant that will offer unbelievable views of nighttime spectaculars at both Epcot and Hollywood Studios."

In addition, Chapek announced that a whole new transportation system of gondolas is planned, called the Disney Skyliner, to give guests a never-before-seen birds-eye view of Walt Disney World and connect the new Disney Vacation Club property, Disney's Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts with Disney's Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot.

Estimated to open in fall 2019, this new resort experience is slated to be the 15th Disney Vacation Club property with approximately 300 units spread across a variety of accommodation types.

On July 17, Disney Vacation Club will welcome its 14th resort with the opening of Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, featuring 184 rustically elegant vacation accommodations including Deluxe Studios, one- and two-bedroom Villas, three-bedroom Grand Villas and unique waterfront cabins.

Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, said, "The opening of Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge in just a few days and the announcement of our next planned development, Disney Riviera Resort, demonstrate the incredible momentum underway at Disney Vacation Club. Our members tell us over and over again how much they love the outstanding accommodations and the value and flexibility of a Disney Vacation Club Membership, as well as the unique location to our growing and evolving theme parks and the exclusive member experiences and benefits they get from our Membership Extras program."

ABOUT DISNEY VACATION CLUB
Disney Vacation Club, a leader in vacation ownership, debuted in 1991 with a flexible, vacation points-based system rather than the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Today, Disney Vacation Club has more than 220,000 member families, from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries, who have discovered the joys of membership.

Disney Vacation Club Members are able to choose from among a variety of exciting vacation destinations, including a stay at any Disney Vacation Club Resort or one of thousands of other vacation options in destinations around the world. Plus, when purchasing directly from Disney, members can also enjoy the Disney Collection, which includes select Disney Resort hotels, Disney Cruise Line and guided vacations with Adventures by Disney, as well as the Concierge Collection, a portfolio of extraordinary hotels in sought-after destinations. Vacations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort can last anywhere from one night to several weeks.

With Disney Vacation Club properties located near the Disney theme parks in Florida and California, Members have easy access to new and innovative attractions on both coasts for years to come. For more information, visit www.disneyvacationclub.com.

Attached Images  
Categories: Disney Blogs

Fireworks on the Boardwalk

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 02:09
Where is the best place to watch the fireworks on the Boardwalk?
Categories: Disney Blogs

Fireworks on the Boardwalk

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 02:09
Where is the best place to watch the fireworks on the Boardwalk?
Categories: Disney Blogs

Boardwalk 1st Timer

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 01:08
Any tips for a Boardwalk first timer? Just a standard room. When I do the pre-check anything that is more worth it than others?

Any other tips/tricks about the resort? Is there seating at the Boardwalk Bakery to enjoy breakfast or is it grab-and-go only? Is the only way to get there is to go outside? We're used to the quick service dining places at our resorts to be inside but this one looks like it's on the Boardwalk and I didn't see tables.

How far is the 'furthest' walk? When we stayed at Beach Club our room was just about the furthest you could get from the elevators. Is Boardwalk simliar in that sense? Sprawling?

Thanks!
Categories: Disney Blogs

Boardwalk 1st Timer

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 01:08
Any tips for a Boardwalk first timer? Just a standard room. When I do the pre-check anything that is more worth it than others?

Any other tips/tricks about the resort? Is there seating at the Boardwalk Bakery to enjoy breakfast or is it grab-and-go only? Is the only way to get there is to go outside? We're used to the quick service dining places at our resorts to be inside but this one looks like it's on the Boardwalk and I didn't see tables.

How far is the 'furthest' walk? When we stayed at Beach Club our room was just about the furthest you could get from the elevators. Is Boardwalk simliar in that sense? Sprawling?

Thanks!
Categories: Disney Blogs

SeaWorld dining

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 00:21
What does everyone do for food? Eat there, leave and eat? What did you eat?

We tried some chinese food over by the penguins, and it was horrible. Didn't even finish it.
Categories: Disney Blogs

SeaWorld dining

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 00:21
What does everyone do for food? Eat there, leave and eat? What did you eat?

We tried some chinese food over by the penguins, and it was horrible. Didn't even finish it.
Categories: Disney Blogs

DCL Has Announced - NOT building two new ships

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 00:12
Instead, they are building THREE new ships !:thumbsup:
It was announced at D23 today that the three new ships will be delivered in 2021, 2022 and 2023. The ships are expected to be slightly larger than Dream and Fantasy, and will be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG) instead of bunker oil.

Names have not been announced, nor have homeports. Let the speculation begin !

This will bring the fleet to 7 ships, and raises the possibility of many new itineraries.
Categories: Disney Blogs

DCL Has Announced - NOT building two new ships

intercot.com - Sun, 2017-07-16 00:12
Instead, they are building THREE new ships !:thumbsup:
It was announced at D23 today that the three new ships will be delivered in 2021, 2022 and 2023. The ships are expected to be slightly larger than Dream and Fantasy, and will be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG) instead of bunker oil.

Names have not been announced, nor have homeports. Let the speculation begin !

This will bring the fleet to 7 ships, and raises the possibility of many new itineraries.
Categories: Disney Blogs

New Snack Service Adds Character to the Usual Refreshments

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 20:38
The Walt Disney World resort has introduced a new snack service at its Golf Courses:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts ... At our Palm, Magnolia, and Oak Trail courses, you’ll see refreshment carts with designs inspired by Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, and at the Lake Buena Vista course there’ll be a Mickey-inspired cart.

...

The character-themed refreshment carts are a result of Disney Golf’s ongoing efforts to continually explore fun ways to enhance the overall guest experience during play. As a result, in addition to the roving Disney-themed carts, the courses will each have fixed food & beverage outlets at the course.
Attached Images  
Categories: Disney Blogs

New Snack Service Adds Character to the Usual Refreshments

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 20:38
The Walt Disney World resort has introduced a new snack service at its Golf Courses:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts ... At our Palm, Magnolia, and Oak Trail courses, you’ll see refreshment carts with designs inspired by Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, and at the Lake Buena Vista course there’ll be a Mickey-inspired cart.

...

The character-themed refreshment carts are a result of Disney Golf’s ongoing efforts to continually explore fun ways to enhance the overall guest experience during play. As a result, in addition to the roving Disney-themed carts, the courses will each have fixed food & beverage outlets at the course.
Attached Images  
Categories: Disney Blogs

Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in Magic Kingdom Park Puts the Spotlight on Signature Treats

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 20:32
For National Ice Cream Day 2017, Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in Magic Kingdom Park is shining the spotlight on some of its new and classic treats:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
... The Mickey Mouse Kid’s Cone is just the right size for little Mouseketeers looking to satisfy their sweet tooth. One scoop of ice cream in a sugar cone is finished with milk chocolate “Mickey ears.”

The Doughnut Sundae (served until 11:00 a.m.) is the perfect excuse to have ice cream for breakfast! A glazed Doughnut is topped with a cinnamon-apple topping, a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, hot fudge and is finished with milk chocolate “Mickey ears” and a cherry.

The “Plaza” Ice Cream Sundae features two scoops of your choice of Edy’s ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry in a freshly-made waffle bowl.

The Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich features your choice of hand-scooped ice cream sandwiched between two freshly-made chocolate chip cookies.

Flavors available currently include vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, cookies ‘n cream, no-sugar-added butter pecan, no-sugar-added raspberry sorbet. Non-dairy ice cream options are available for vegans or those who have a lactose intolerance.

Attached Images     
Categories: Disney Blogs

Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in Magic Kingdom Park Puts the Spotlight on Signature Treats

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 20:32
For National Ice Cream Day 2017, Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in Magic Kingdom Park is shining the spotlight on some of its new and classic treats:

Quote: Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
... The Mickey Mouse Kid’s Cone is just the right size for little Mouseketeers looking to satisfy their sweet tooth. One scoop of ice cream in a sugar cone is finished with milk chocolate “Mickey ears.”

The Doughnut Sundae (served until 11:00 a.m.) is the perfect excuse to have ice cream for breakfast! A glazed Doughnut is topped with a cinnamon-apple topping, a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, hot fudge and is finished with milk chocolate “Mickey ears” and a cherry.

The “Plaza” Ice Cream Sundae features two scoops of your choice of Edy’s ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry in a freshly-made waffle bowl.

The Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich features your choice of hand-scooped ice cream sandwiched between two freshly-made chocolate chip cookies.

Flavors available currently include vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, cookies ‘n cream, no-sugar-added butter pecan, no-sugar-added raspberry sorbet. Non-dairy ice cream options are available for vegans or those who have a lactose intolerance.

Attached Images     
Categories: Disney Blogs

Behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars: The Last Jedi

TheDisneyBlog.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 20:03

Enjoy this new behind-the-scenes video sneak peek at Star Wars: The Last Jedi, episode VII of the epic trilogy of trilogies based on the vision of George Lucas. It just debuted at D23 Expo in front of a hall of screening fans. During the talk, director Rian Johnson surprised fans...

The post Behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars: The Last Jedi appeared first on The Disney Blog.

Categories: Disney Blogs

Dumbo – Disney shares first details of new Tim Burton film

TheDisneyBlog.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 19:33

Production is underway for the live-action re-imagining of Disney’s 1941 animated classic “Dumbo.” Utilizing state-of-the-art visual effects to portray Dumbo and many of his four-legged counterparts, the movie will be directed by visionary filmmaker Tim Burton. In addition to our first details of the movie, Disney has shared this image...

The post Dumbo – Disney shares first details of new Tim Burton film appeared first on The Disney Blog.

Categories: Disney Blogs

PoF no luck...

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 13:34
Just a heads up for those trying to make FP for the busy Fall break time. This morning was my 60 day window for a 4 day trip mid-Sept and no Flights of Passage availability for my entire trip. On a good note I had no issue with any other FP (including 7DMT).
Categories: Disney Blogs

PoF no luck...

intercot.com - Sat, 2017-07-15 13:34
Just a heads up for those trying to make FP for the busy Fall break time. This morning was my 60 day window for a 4 day trip mid-Sept and no Flights of Passage availability for my entire trip. On a good note I had no issue with any other FP (including 7DMT).
Categories: Disney Blogs